Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
May 18, 2006, 5:46 am
rate this thread
Basically, I have a site http://www.special-dictionary.com . The site
index was growing for 9 month and reached 1,000,000 a month ago.
However, currently it's loosing indexed pages and the number reached
200. Some points to mention:
- the site has a lot of content that is consists from collections of
acronyms, proverbs, phrases and personal names (around 1,500,000 pages
- the site has a Book Store and Dmoz listings.
- GoogleBot visits the site at least every 30 minutes and opens more
than 30,000 pages daily.
- Many pages are not shown by "site:" command but returned in search
results for some keywords.
- the site is loosing its index and traffic from Google.
Any helpful advise/ideas are greatly appreciated.
Re: Google Index Drop
The short answer is "it's not you, it's them".
See: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/indexing-timeline /
To quote from a separate thread:
__/ [ www.1-script.com ] on Wednesday 17 May 2006 18:08 \__
Hope it helps,
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE GNU/Linux ¦ PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
6:45am up 20 days 13:42, 9 users, load average: 0.22, 0.55, 0.65
http://iuron.com - help build a non-profit search engine