Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- What is the best PHP CMS database driven???
March 18, 2005, 7:35 am
rate this thread
I'm looking for a good php/mysql content management system (CMS). I've
been searching the web for good one but get slightly confused beacause
of the different definitions of CMS itself and just what the different
CMSs can do.
This is what I need.
* A basic picture/text administration for each web page
* The ability to add/remove pages. Preferably with a "for review" or
* The possibility to choose from a certain set of layout templates
that I define myself.
* The ability to make new templates online would be desirable, but not
* A neat function would be to be able to make "objects" that can be
handled like pictures/text upon administration of a web page
* A basic user administration with different levels of access levels
* A menu administration interface with the ability to assign web pages
to menu items, order and remove and so on
I need the CMS for a non commercial site so I basically want it to be
"free" or GNU licensed.
I have programmer/database skills, but my experience using PHP is
Grateful for any tips of what comes close to the above. Reply to group
Re: What is the best PHP CMS database driven???
The last CMS I tried was Mambo. It's different from the others due to
it's purpose. Many CMS rely upon a large user-group that contributes to
the site. Mambo on the other hand is more a site management system,
where only admins (customisable) add content.
Give it a try!