Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Qiang Xue
October 1, 2007, 6:44 pm
rate this thread
This is a feature enhancement release over the previous release.
In this release, we included several new commonly requested Web
controls; we enhanced the features of existing components; and
we added translations in several languages to our tutorials.
You can download PRADO from its project website at
WHAT'S NEW IN THIS RELEASE
* Added a new control TTabPanel that displays tabbed views.
* Added a new control TKeyboard that displays a virtual keyboard
for text input.
* Added a new control TCaptcha that displays a CAPTCHA to keep
spammers from signing up for certain accounts online. A related
validator TCaptchaValidator is also implemented.
* Added a new control TSlider that displays a slider which can
be used for numeric input.
* Added a new control TConditional that conditionally displays one
of the two kinds of content.
* Added Oracle DB support to Active Record.
* Added support to TDataGrid to allow grouping consecutive cells
with the same content.
* Added support to allow configuring page properties and
authorization rules using relative page paths in application and
page configurations. Added support to allow authorization based
on remote host address.
* Added a new page state persister TCachePageStatePersister. It
allows page state to be stored using a cache module
(e.g. TMemCache, TDbCache, etc.)
* Added support to the auth framework to allow remembering login.
* Added support to display a prompt item in TDropDownList and
TListBox (something like 'Please select:' as the first list item.)
* Added support to column mapping in Active Record.
Please see the upgrade instructions included in the release.
The following changes introduced in this release need particular
* The RELATIONS declaration in Acive Record classes is changed from
"protected static $RELATIONS" to "public static $RELATIONS".
* IFeedContentProvider adds a new method: getContentType(). This
class implementing this interface.
* IUserManager adds two new methods: getUserFromCookie() and
This affects classes that implements this interface and does not
* TDropDownList will be in an unselected state if no initial selection
specified. That is, its SelectedIndex will be -1. Previously, the
will be considered as selected.
PHP 5.1 or above is required. All functionalities have been tested on
Windows and Linux using Internet Explorer 6/7, FireFox and Safari.
BACKGROUND OF PRADO
For those who have never heard of PRADO before, PRADO is a
component-based and event-driven programming framework for developing
Web applications in PHP. PRADO stands for Php Rapid Application
Development Object-oriented. PRADO was initially released in August
2004 as the grand prizer winner of the Zend coding contest and has
since been adopted by thousands of developers.
PRADO is best suitable for creating Web applications that are highly
user-interactive. It can be used to develop systems as simple as a
blog system to those as complex as a content management system (CMS)
or a complete e-commerce solution. Because PRADO promotes
object-oriented programming through its component-based methodology,
it fits extremely well for team work and enterprise development.
- » Accessing a PDO DB object from within Singleton pattern
- — Previous thread in » PHP Scripting Forum