Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Qiang Xue
July 2, 2007, 1:40 am
rate this thread
to announce the formal release of PRADO 3.1.0, a major milestone
in the PRADO framework development. This release added intrinsic
DB support and seamless AJAX support which complement PRADO as
a matured PHP framework for serious business Web application
development. It also added many new controls, examples and tutorials.
You can download PRADO from its project website at
WHAT'S NEW IN THIS RELEASE
* DB access: added three layers of database support serving for
different needs. They include PDO-based data access, Active Record
* Active Controls: these are AJAX-enabled Web controls which make
creating an AJAX-enabled Web page extremely easy.
* Other major new components
- TSoapService: a service component supporting SOAP requests
- TJsonService: a service component supporting JSON requests
- TFeedService: a service component supporting feed requests
- TDbCache: a generic DB cache module that can use any DB driver
- TDbUserManager: a DB-driven user manager module
- TOutputCache: a control enabling fragment page caching
- TXmlTransform: a control performing inline XML transformation
* New demos and tutorials, including "address-book", "blog-tutorial",
"northwind-db", "chat", "currency-converter", "time-tracker"
* Many minor feature enhancements and bug fixes.
Please see the upgrade instructions included in the release. In
general, upgrading to PRADO 3.1.0 from 3.0.x involves very little
or no effort.
PHP 5.1 or above is required. All functionalities have been tested on
Windows and Linux using Internet Explorer 6/7, FireFox and Safari.
BACKGROUND OF PRADO
For those who have never heard of PRADO before, PRADO is a
component-based and event-driven programming framework for developing
Web applications in PHP. PRADO stands for Php Rapid Application
Development Object-oriented. PRADO was initially released in August
2004 as the grand prizer winner of the Zend coding contest and has
since been adopted by thousands of developers.
PRADO is best suitable for creating Web applications that are highly
user-interactive. It can be used to develop systems as simple as a
blog system to those as complex as a content management system (CMS)
or a complete e-commerce solution. Because PRADO promotes
object-oriented programming through its component-based methodology,
it fits extremely well for team work and enterprise development.
Re: PRADO 3.1.0 is released
I'm Java and .net 1.1, 2.0 programmer, but when i saw prado and made
simple crud application i was amazed how fast you can go with this php
currently im analysing framework sources to get better understanding
what's under the hood.
i hope more people will get with prado, just have a look on some demos on:
keep doing !
Qiang Xue pisze:
- » PHP and XML : Why the number "1" is getting display
- — Previous thread in » PHP Scripting Forum