Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- PHP ques: Webpage retrieval and parsing
January 16, 2005, 7:48 am
rate this thread
I want to do the following but I have been unable to find good info/ or
sample code on it; please help;
- retrieve a webpage using PHP from another site (the url have parameters
like (?date=january) in it if that makes a difference)
- using PHP code I want to Parse a table (perhaps using DomDocument
object?) I want to retrieve data from the table cell first by row and
then by column.
(retrieve the data to be store in data object)
- Then I want to use the data object to display the information retrieve in
I am looking for sample codes, references or anything of that nature to help
Thank you in advance. and please be as detail as you like.
Re: PHP ques: Webpage retrieval and parsing
welcome to PHP! --
First take a look a CURL -
That, used correctly will load the content of a url into a variable..
Then to parse outa table you will need to use some creative REGEX to
pull out the table/tr/td etc..
I have seen somewhwere, try searching google, someone wrote a class
similer to simpleXML that pulls an html table and loads it as a usuable
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum