Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
October 30, 2007, 4:58 pm
rate this thread
You will be assisting with new development, bug fixes, installs and
the like on a new product that is being funded by a large global
financial company and is approaching production. This is a great time
to join the current, small, team.
This is a work-from-whereever-you-want position, but you may be asked
to come to a meeting maybe once a week, maybe once a month - all
depends on how things are going. As long as you can make it to the
meeting on-time and without taking hours and hours to get there, you
can work in a cave for all we care *BUT* you must live in the US,
legally, and you should be in the Northeast.
As an independent contractor, you won't get any benefits. Nada. Just
a daily rate. For now - other options may open themselves up in the
* Be able to write clean, fast, secure, PHP code using OO techniques
and have been doing it for at least 4 years (2 years for junior).
* Understand the myriad of security vulnerabilities that can be
exposed in web applications (SQL injection, XSS etc) and how to
* Understand SQL to an advanced level (transactions, optimizing
queries, joins, subselects etc).
* Understand and are able to use SVN or CVS.
* Be able to download, and compile various software (PHP/MySQL/various
libs) using gcc, make etc.
* Be within comfortable meeting distance of Hampstead, NH (about 1
hour from Boston, MA) for when a dev meeting is required.
* Be able to occasionally travel domestically and overseas to assist
* Have a fast, reliable internet connection, wherever you choose to
* Be comfortable working in geographically diverse teams - you may
never see your colleagues in person.
Bonus points for:
* Experience with any of: MySQL Replication, MySQL Cluster, Oracle,
Microsoft SQL Server, Load Balancing Methodology, Disaster Recovery,
Zend Platform & Zend Guard.
Do not apply if:
* Your idea of working from home means less work, more Halo 3.
* You think Microsoft is the solution to everything.
* You rely on magic_quotes to handle all that security 'stuff' for
* You're knowledge of SQL is limited to SELECT col FROM table;
* You don't know the difference between MyISAM & InnoDB.
* You write PHP happily all day along but don't use OO.
* You're not 100% comfortable using a Unix variant
To apply, please send:
* Covering note
* Resume (plain text or MS Word)
* An example of *your* work, in PHP, using OO techniques
* Day rate requirements
* Which position you are applying for, senior or junior
To: paul at stinkhound dot com.
No recruiters, agencies or development houses please.
- » Sniffer program to HTML contents visitors will see)
- — Previous thread in » PHP Scripting Forum