Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
March 1, 2006, 4:04 pm
rate this thread
We're trying to migrate to Windows 2003 Server from Windows 2000 and
have run into problems with our DCOM permissions not being properly
authenticated against our application server. Instead of using the
user account specified in IIS, the web server is sending the machine
name followed by a dollar sign as its login credentials.
Just wondering if anyone else has run into this before and if anyone
has any insight.
Re: PHP, DCOM, IIS 6, Application Center Installation
Thought someone would save some time and headaches by using this post.
Our tech department is migrating to Windows 2003 Server and they have
some complex security implementations between our Web Servers and our
Application (COM) servers.
If you have this type of scenario and are receiving the "Warning
(null)(): Unable to lookup.... Access is denied." error, it is because
the "Identity" in the Web Server's application pool does not have
sufficient permissions to connect to the Application (COM) Server.
To fix this:
- create a new Application Pool
- right click the new pool and select "properties"
- click on the "Identity" tab
- change the permissions from "Network Service" to a user on the Web
Server who has access to call the Application (COM) server.
- right click the application pool
- click "start"
- right click your web site
- click on the "Home Directory" tab
- change the application pool to the new application pool you've just
- restart IIS
Hopefully this will save someone some time and headaches.