Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Pb refreshing a PHP page on an Apache server
- Didier Courtaud
March 14, 2005, 11:03 pm
rate this thread
I hope I post this problem to the right forum ; Apologies if not !
My problem is that I want to test with a PHP script on a Web server (
Apache ) whether the current displayed page inside the browser should be
redisplayed or not !
To do so, I take the signature of a given image on the server and store
it inside a cookie at the first visit.
When another GET for the same PHP file arrives, I read the cookie and if
the two sigantures are the same, what I want to do is :
- nothing that is the browser should not redisplay the same page
To do this, I put inside the PHP file
- a header call : header("Refresh: 5 ; $SELF");
- then an HTTP header 204 to tell the bowser to do nothing :
header("Status: 204 No content");
Everything works fine at the beginning ! I see with Live HTTP headers
that I receive the two headers and I wait for the refresh after 5
seconds but it never happens !!!!!!
Can you tell me what is wrong ?
Thanks by advance
- » (*can't use AddType application/x-httpd-php .xyz) >> Need RewriteEngine Help
- — Previous thread in » PHP Scripting Forum