Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
November 13, 2007, 4:44 pm
rate this thread
Le 13 Novembre de l'an MMVII,
My dear Sir and Madam,
Ever be in a position of too-much traffic ?
Point is, if the traffic increases, then the server is slow.
TOP command on a Linux/Unix/Fedora Apache/2.0.50 shows :
- 50% of the CPU : for HTTPD process
- 20% of the CPU : for Analog Process
- 20% of the CPU : for MYSQLD Process
The direct analysis would pretend that HTTPD is the problem. BUT may
be HTTPD is waiting for MYSQLD answer.
We have problem to analyse the sources of the lack of performance.
1) Idea ONE was to split sub.domains within other servers with
independant databases merged and consolidated into a single one using
exchange of tables.
2) Idea TWO was to have MYSQL hosted on one server and sub.domains
split over different servers.
SERVER1 : MYSQL
SERVER2 : oaks.bobby.com
SERVER3 : liveoaks.bobby.com
SERVER4 : bobby.com
We know ebay is ebay.com and these administrators might split over
servers depending on variables that our team does not manage.
3) We tried to go with Idea TWO and we are facing a problem.
Creating a user on SERVER1
Name : bobbob
Data Privilege : SELECT
Information related to connections
Server : % (all servers)
FLUSH PRIVILEGES ;
Then, on SERVER2 :
$host = "184.108.40.206";
$user = "bobbob";
$pass = "bobbob";
$bdd = "adv_database";
It does not work : Cannot access the database on SERVER1 from
Even, we tried to add specfic provileges to bobbob.
Many Thanks for any operational answer from your knowledge and
- Captain Paralytic
November 13, 2007, 4:54 pm
- » die() php but continuing on to html below the end php tag?
- — Next thread in » PHP Scripting Forum