Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- John Dufour
October 17, 2006, 10:40 pm
rate this thread
Client is a dynamic, cutting-edge media company that specializes in
up-to-the-minute publishing of travel deals, destination information,
and advice. We are expanding rapidly as millions of readers drive
growth for our website, weekly e-newsletters, and forthcoming magazine.
Client offers the casual work environment of a small company as well as
the opportunities and benefits available in larger media conglomerates
- including health insurance, 401K, and 3 weeks paid vacation per
year! We are seeking driven, hard-working, and career-oriented
individuals to join our winning team.
The position is in a fast, energetic environment working
interdepartmentally with our marketing team, editors, and ad sales
department. It requires in-depth knowledge of both front-end and
back-end technologies. You will be intimately involved with defining
processes and must be able to work collaboratively with others during
all stages of the development cycle.
· Advanced knowledge of PHP 5, specifically OO aspects of the
· Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus.
· Experience with Linux and Apache.
· Expert understanding of object oriented design.
· Experience with N-Tier Architecture.
· Experience with both MySQL and MS SQL Server.
· DBA skills highly desired.
· Love of open source development and standards-based development.
· Internationalization experience is a plus.
· Strong communication skills.
· Able to multi-task and project manage well.
Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration.
This is a fulltime position in New York City.
John P. Dufour
Distributed Technology Solutions, Inc