Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Raghavan M
January 27, 2015, 2:48 am
rate this thread
I am getting the following error when I run my PHP file. I use XAMPP in my Macbook.
Notice: Unknown: Certificate failure for imap.gmail.com: unable to get local issuer certificate: /C=US/O=GeoTrust Inc./CN=GeoTrust Global CA (errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0.
I have been searching the Internet for more than 3 hours (links to Google Groups, StackOverflow, ServerFault etc., websites but nothing to avail).
My other observations and results of investigation are :
1. My PHP is enabled with IMAP. The phpinfo() shows that "-imap-with-ssl". The IMAP in phpinfo() shows the following.
MAP c-Client Version 2007e
SSL Support enabled
2. When I run this command in my Terminal (Shell) I get the following output.
Command : openssl s_client -connect imap.gmail.com:993
Verify return code: 0 (ok)
* OK Gimap ready for requests from 184.108.40.206 j3mb80244651ief
3. I have downloaded that GeoTrust Global CA certificate from the GeoTrust website. and kept it inside the directory /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc/ssl.crt.
I think I am missing something else at a basic level? I could not find a proper tutorial anywhere for the preparaiton/readiness of SSL Certificates for accessing Gmail through PHP IMAP API.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Raghavan alias Saravanan M.
- Christoph M. Becker
January 29, 2015, 12:57 am
Re: Help needed with PHP Imap for Gmail (Unable to get local issuer certificate)
On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 08:18:35 UTC+5:30, Raghavan M wrote:
n following the code given in the URL : http://davidwalsh.name/gmail-php-im
ocal issuer certificate: /C=US/O=GeoTrust Inc./CN=GeoTrust Global CA
(errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0.
e Groups, StackOverflow, ServerFault etc., websites but nothing to avail).
. The IMAP in phpinfo() shows the following.
st website. and kept it inside the directory /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles
proper tutorial anywhere for the preparaiton/readiness of SSL Certificates
for accessing Gmail through PHP IMAP API.
• Over 6 years of experience in implementing PHP, Object-oriented
Architecture and Design Patterns & Web-based development.
• Extensive experience in PHP MVC frameworks including Zend Framewo
rk 1/2, CodeIgniter, CakePHP and Laravel.
• Experience in WordPress.
• Extensive experience working with SOAP and RESTful web services
• Experience developing web application more dynamic using JavaScri
pt and jQuery/ jQuery UI.
• Well versed with design and development of presentation layer for
web applications using technologies like HTML, CSS and Object-oriented Jav
aScript; and web tools like Dreamweaver, Eclipse and Photoshop.
• Worked with my colleague to design, analyze and develop web site
s using Angular.js, Bootstrap and Responsive Design
• Experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - Requ
irements Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Deployment and Documentati
on as well as Agile methodology
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in Database Design, Relational Data Modeling and Devel
opment, creating complex database Queries, Constraints, Indexes, Views and
writing Functions, Stored Procedures, Cursors and Triggers.
• In-depth experience in WAMP (Windows, Apache, MYSQL, PHP) Archite
cture. And LAMP
• Strong aptitude towards requirement gathering from users.
• Excellent debugging, problem solving and optimization skills.
• Programming Languages : C#, ASP.Net , PHP, Java
• IDE and Tools : Microsoft Visual Studio, Netbeans, MySQL Work
MSQL Server 2008 Management Studio, Sublime Text
• CMS : Drupal, Magento
• MVC Framework : CodeIgniter, Cake PHP & Zend
• Database : MS SQL Server and MYSQL
• Working Platforms : Windows 8/XP
Bachelor of Technology KWANTLEN POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY, Surrey BC
REIMAGINING INFORMATION, Pittsburgh, PA
Role: PHP Developer May 2014 – Present
Responsibilities: The web application is based on data, which is provided
by the client. The service provides information and assists the individual
to get admission in the universities across US. The end users of the appli
cation cater students, who have interest to enroll in the program. The webs
ite gives the opportunity for students and parents to gather information an
d interact with the application to get familiar with the service. .
• Requirements specification identify business goals, requirements
and project plan
• Define functionality to create, refine or manage new and existing
applications and tools
• Develop and maintain web applications using PHP and SQL, which is
helping to increase the company’s online presence
• Organize and upload the web application files to the hosting serv
ice, so it is available to the internet users for viewing via a web browser
• Communicate with the company to make any changes to meet the requ
irements and to maximize the performance
• Writing complex SQL Queries. The database server uses MYSQL
• Responsible for managing the student database by updating any cha
nges as required.
TRANSPERFECT TRANSLATIONS, New York, NY
Role: Web Engineer/Web Developer Nov 2011 – May 2014
Collaborate with language production teammates while communicatin
g with global clients
Run weekly maintenance on 24 translated pages
Meet clients’ deadlines and expectations for their foreig
n language sites
Use LINUX to crawl sites to extract content for localization
Host pages on Proxy servers, which require no IT overhead for cli
Debug clients’ web pages and gain insight into common web
Work with higher management to oversee team production
Meet any client requests regarding customization of their transla
Worked and developed in MVC architectural pattern web application
and Drupal CMS.
INFRONTUSA, New Orleans, LA
Role: Web Application Developer Feb 2010 – Nov 2011
Responsibilities: The schedule management system is a tool that helps peop
le at medical facilities chalk out their schedule in a better way according
to their requirements. The algorithm used within, takes into consideration
various factors like availability, work force, pay rate, availability data
, etc. and helps them in assigning shifts to the people that are deemed the
best fit for it. It also provides forums and polls through which people in
volved can voice their opinions, thus creating a better balance between the
management and the work force. The project has now been enhanced to a comp
lete workforce management system.
• Worked on the development of the drill down dashboard and reporti
ng module in the system which provides a graphical insight on different met
rics required by the customer for defined time periods.
• Developed a reporting system to provide data according to the req
uirements of the customer.
• Front-end Coding using but not limited to HTML/XHTML/DHTML, Java
Script, jQuery and XML.
• Designed interactive web pages using PHP, CakePHP Framework, HTML
, Java Script and AJAX for navigating through the system.
• Involved in the development of scripts to import data from Excel
sheets into the database and also make changes on it.
• Designed and the wireframes for the application from the scratch
using Jquery UI
• Designed and programmed the client application starting with scre
en design mockup, wireframes, Navigation Menu using CSS3, HTML4 HTML5, and
• Built a RESTful API for information query.
• Supported QA and User acceptance phase of the modules.
• Collaborated with other developers during the build phase of the
• Provided verbal and written reports during all phases of the appl
CASTEEL DESIGN CENTRE (CDC), Atlanta, GA ,
Role: PHP Programmer Nov 2008–-Feb 2010
Responsibilities: Casteel Design Center (CDC) is designed and developed us
ing PHP, Drupal, HTML, CSS, Java Script and Smarty Template System. Develop
ed new modules for System Designer and Sales Manager. Integrated new Featur
es like Order Duplication, EMI inclusion and User Search based on their rol
es. CDC is now being used by Customers, System Designers and Sales Managers
• Involved in design and development.
• Configured and worked in LAMP environment.
• Configured and installed PHPv5, Apache and MYSQL on different env
• Installed and configured Subclipse.
• This project includes receiving, reviewing and approving of Caste
elair customer invoices with the convenience of user role assignments and p
roviding the ability to access a standard order or create and save custom a
• Played a major role in the Casteel Mobile Services team to genera
te an image which can have a pencil sketch on an image and uploaded it to t
he database using Jquery and the image is save through JSON response. This
was pretty much important for Casteelair internal usage.
• Image was implemented with the Canvas attribute in HTML5.
• Worked with Subversion for versioning control.
KWANTLEN POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY, SURREY, BC
Role: Web Developer ( Intern) Sept 2008 – Nov 2008
Responsibilities: Designed and developed the application using PHP, MYSQL,
HTML & CSS
• Responsible was designing, updating the back end of the website
• Communicated with the team members to meet the requirements and t
o integrate the source code
• Implemented the front end to enhance the look of the website.
• Lead the project by coordinating the team members and keeping tra
ck of changes.
• Involved in testing to fix any error to make the project more sta
REFERENCE: Available upon request
- » mysql_connect statement not connecting to database
- — Previous thread in » PHP Scripting Forum