Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Granted User Cannot Access Database
January 12, 2005, 4:51 pm
rate this thread
I'm relatively new to mysql and I'm having some trouble creating a user
that can access a database that I've created.
Here's what I've done:
1. As root, created a database called "tool_competence".
2. As root, created a couple of tables in the tool_competence db.
3. As root, created a user "called tool_comp_user" and flushed
mysql> GRANT select, insert, update
-> ON tool_competence.employee_info
-> TO tool_comp_user@"%";
4. As root, checked grants using "show grants for tool_comp_user;" and
it reflects the granted privileges.
5. Logout of mysql and login as tool_comp_user: "mysql -u
6. As tool_comp_user: "use tool_competence;" and I get the following
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'[mydomain].com' to
Does anyone see anything wrong with this process or have any idea what
might be causing my problems?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Re: Granted User Cannot Access Database
I realize now that in the above error message, user is ''. Why it did
not recognize the user when I logged in, I don't know. For some reason
it is now recognizing the user correctly and everything is working as I
Very wierd because I was very careful about how I was logging in. And
haven't changed the way I was logging in since the problem was
Although it appears not to be an issue now, I would gladly accept any
insights into what may have been going on if anyone out there has any
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum