Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- [FreeBSD 6.3/PHP5] Installing MemCacheD?
- Gilles Ganault
March 30, 2008, 12:44 am
rate this thread
I'd like to play with MemcacheD and see how it improves read access
to data, but I'm a bit lost at how to get from a working Apache2 +
PHP5 + MySQL5 server on FreeBSD 6.3.
I've never used PECL and PEAR before, and they seem required to
I just ran "make config ; make ; make install" to build the php5 and
php5-extensions ports. If it helps, according to phpinfo(),
apache2handler has mod_mem_cache loaded.
Could someone tell me what to do from here?
Re: [FreeBSD 6.3/PHP5] Installing MemCacheD?
Got it working without really knowing what I was doing :-)
1. cd /usr/ports/databases/memcached; make ; make install
2. vi /etc/rc.conf, and add memcached_enable="YES"
3. /usr/local/etc/rc.d/memcached start
4. run "netstat -an" to check that a process is listening on TCP
5. cd /usr/ports/databases/pecl-memcache ; make ; make install
6. /usr/local/bin/php -i | grep -i 'memcache'
7. Play with memcached in PHP scripts
- » Is PDO incompatible with caching mechanismes like APC?
- — Next thread in » PHP Scripting Forum
- » What mechanism may be used in PHP that will act as #define and #ifndef
- — Previous thread in » PHP Scripting Forum