DOMXML issues

Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary.  Now with pictures!

I've been stabbing at this for the past hour and I figured it out, but
there's some erratic behavior under certain conditions that I think I
should mention...

I used tidy to clean up an html document before reading it into an xml
document via DOMDocument->loadXML().  When I load the page via
loadXML(), the XPath won't return values at all for queries other than
"//" "*" or "." (such as //a, etc)

When I switch to DOMDocument->loadHTML(), it works fine.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a reason for this.  It works
now, so I'm not complaining, just there was nothing in TFM to lead me
to believe this behavior would arise.



PHP 5.2.0 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Nov 30 2006
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

Site Timeline