Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Developing PHP under Windows - Why?
Re: Developing PHP under Windows - Why?
The question is more like why you don't want to use .Net. Here are some
1) ASP.Net is a pain to set up. Nothing drives a programmer crazy quite
like mysterious alert boxes.
2) You more or less have to use Visual Studio.Net.
3) The event driven model is very different from what people are used
5) Little guarantee that pages would work with non-IE browsers.
6) Pointlessly complicated class structure. Dumb HTML tags are
represented by classes inherited four, five levels deep.
7) Stupid use of namespace. Whoever thought it's a good idea to use
namespaces as a primary mean to identify classes desires a good
8) Documentation sucks.
- » Php and DataBase Abstraction for mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access?
- — Previous thread in » PHP Scripting Forum