Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Desperately in need of function
May 2, 2006, 10:59 am
rate this thread
function: After processing a (mail) form the sender gets an email asking
them to verify their sent data by clicking on a link in the mail. After
clicking the form data are sent to the correct recipent (and thus verified
by the sender).
Re: Desperately in need of function
Well, you need to generate a random string (i.e. by appending a string to a
username then hashing the result) and store it in a database, along with the
user's id and any other information.
You then need to send the user a message with the URL to a page and the has as a
The destination page (verify.php in this case) needs to retrieve the string from
the parameter list, match it against the database and take the necessary action
to activate the user's account.
Remove the "x" from my email address
JDS Computer Training Corp.
- » Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0
- — Previous thread in » PHP Scripting Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum