Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
January 29, 2007, 3:04 pm
rate this thread
I would like to know more information about this. Specifically,
- what will be a good book on php which will help me understand these
topics and write codes?
- where can I find a sample code for these specific tasks I mentioned
I know how to count an access to an index.html file, but I would like
1. I would like to know how to count the number of times a link is
clicked. A link is to a pdf file.
Easy way is to use a server side script language, best option would be
you won't get limited to one operatingsystem.
Instead of calling directly the file you want people to download, you
"wrapper" script, that keeps the count (save result to a file or to a
server, mysql is a popular choice), and then feeds the user with the
really that advanced to make.
This works kind of the same as the previous one, you have to include a
index.php file into the directory, the php script will list the files
directory, as it lists the files it will also store the number of
directory has been accessed to that file or database.
This too is quite easy to do.
- » PHP 4.4.4 vs Perl 5.8.7 for Object Oriented server code
- — Previous thread in » PHP Scripting Forum