Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- bash script that generate PHP from SQL
- Gonzalo Aguirre
February 11, 2005, 1:24 pm
rate this thread
as i write on the topic, i'm programing a Bash script using the
standard GNU Linux text utilities (gawk, grep, sed, and so on) that get
information from SQL source (table attib, type per column, constrains,
etc.) and finally generate PHP codification.
This is not a magic tool that makes whole site from SQL tables, but i
just want to make easy repetitive task. Almost every table on a
database has certain page asociatted, ex.:
from Company relation (table) we should, for sure, do:
(1) company-index.php // just links to other pages
(2) company-query.php // perform company data filter
(3) company-insert.php // insert a new company
(4) company-delete.php // delete
(5) company-browse.php // browse (all or filtered) brief companies data
(6) company-update.php // update
(7) company-detail.php // show every
(8) company-operation.php // SQL queries
This example could also be apply to Customers, Suppliers, and so on.
I just want to know if someone would like to join this project. It'd be
publicated under GNU/GPL license. Thoughts are welcome!!..
thanks in advance