Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Shared perl reposity
June 4, 2005, 12:46 am
rate this thread
I have a shared common directory for users (TOOLDIR)to have tools I
wrote available for them.
Everybody is mapping TOOLDIR and adding it to path to use my tools.
But they have to install required perl version and install required
modules locally on their PCs to make everything working.
And sadly if tools got any modules updated, users have to update them
1) Is it practically possible to install perl modules in TOOLDIR so they
would be available to users without continuing local module updates?
2) Is it practically possible to install perl in TOOLDIR so that would
be available so that users doesn't have to install perl locally or they
can keep their own local perl version?
3) Would there be any other scripting or tool language with which this
would be easy or even possible?
Thank you, Yours
Re: Shared perl reposity
Yes, just include TOOLDIR in @INC. (Using the PERL5LIB envronment
There should be no problem on most operating systems so long as the
contents TOOLDIR is accessed using the same path on all clients (i.e.
they map it so the same local drive or directory).
- » Passing a $1 within a scalar to a s/// doesn't work. Why?
- — Previous thread in » PERL Discussions