Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Leopold Toetsch
May 8, 2005, 4:15 pm
rate this thread
On behalf of the Parrot team I'm proud to announce the release of
Parrot 0.2.0 and I'd like to thank all involved pepole as well as
our sponsors for supporting us.
It's a pleasure and honor for me to be able to advertise (after 0.1.0) the
next leap release 0.2.0 with almost complete MMD support.
What is Parrot?
Parrot is a virtual machine aimed at running Perl6 and other dynamic
Parrot 0.2.0 changes and news
* parrot repository is now under subversion
* MMD (Multi Method Dispatch) refactored
* new unary and infix opcodes that return new result PMCs
* dynamic scalar PMCs inherit now almost all from Parrot core PMCs
* more unification of PMCs and ParrotObjects
* tailcalls for functions and methods
* PGE (Parrot Grammar Engine) reworked
* Pugs creates Parrot code and Pugs is a registered Parrot compiler
* new languages/lisp
* the usual bug fixes and improvements
After some pause you can grab it from
As parrot is still in steady development we recommend that you
just get the latest and best from SVN by following the directions at
Turn your web browser towards <http://www.parrotcode.org/ for more
information about Parrot, get involved, and:
- » FAQ 5.14 How come when I open a file read-write it wipes it out?
- — Previous thread in » PERL Discussions