Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Dirk Van de moortel
June 2, 2008, 4:47 pm
rate this thread
OOPS, posted this to moderated group perl.cpan.discuss as
well, so it can take a while to get through, if it gets through at all
Otherwise sorry for duplicate posting
We need to set up a server 2003 (or a win XP system) to accept
and act upon traps sent out from a storage system. Responding
to various error conditions, this system can be fully configured to
I am wondering what must be done on the trap-accepting side.
I am fairly new to SNMP but I managed to install the NET::SNMP
and use it to interrogate and manipulate a remote SNMP agent (SNMP
service running on a XP-system), i.o.w. all the examples work.
I can do get and sets, and I can send traps to the remote system.
With a little utility like "SNMP Trap Watcher" I see the traps arriving.
Now I would like to create a perl script on the remote system to
listen for traps, and, at this point, to just show them on the console.
The NET::SNMP module seems not to support this.
I have been looking around I do find some examples of trap
listeners, but they all seem to work on unit or Linux only.
The module SNMP
seems promising, but when I try to install it with ppm, I get
ppm> install SNMP
Install 'SNMP' version 0.0 in ActivePerl 18.104.22.1685.
Error: error downloading 'http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/x86/Bundle -
NetSNMP.tar.gz': 404 Not Found
Can anyone help me out here?
By the way, this might be of interest:
ppm> rep describe 1
Describing Active Repository 1:
Name: ActiveState Package Repository
Type: PPMServer 3.0
ppm> rep describe 2
Describing Active Repository 2:
Location: http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms /
ppm> search snmp
Searching in Active Repositories
1. Apache-WebSNMP [0.11] Apache-WebSNMP
2. Net-SNMP [5.2] Net-SNMP
3. Net-SNMP [5.2] Object oriented interface to SNMP
4. Net-SNMP-alpha [3.9.6] Net-SNMP-alpha
5. Net-SNMP-HostInfo [0.02] Net-SNMP-HostInfo
6. Net-SNMP-Interfaces [1.2] Net-SNMP-Interfaces
7. POE-Component-SNMP [0.01] POE-Component-SNMP
8. SNMP [0.0]
9. SNMP-BridgeQuery [0.58] SNMP-BridgeQuery
10. SNMP-Effective  SNMP-Effective
11. SNMP-MIB-Compiler [0.06] SNMP-MIB-Compiler
12. SNMP-Persist [0.05] SNMP-Persist
13. SNMP-Util [1.8] Snmp modules to perform snmp
- » Win32:Printer Windows x86 build with FreeImage.dll support build issues
- — Previous thread in » PERL Modules Announcements