Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
December 21, 2007, 11:42 am
rate this thread
Re: Question to Sisyphus
The only significant problem I ever had with the GMP module was that
if I used GMP objects in Math::MPFR I could occasionally get
segfaults. I was never able to work out why they happened - my own
Math::GMP* objects have never posed the same problem for me (nor have
Math::GMP objects). My modules do set the readonly flag on the objects
- but that's not likely to generally be an issue. Math::GMP objects
don't set the readonly flag either - and, as I said, they've never
posed a problem for me.
I don't think Kevin Ryde (the GMP author) is involved with gmp any
more - so it's probably not being maintained (I haven't checked),
though Torbjorn would possibly accept patches.
I could probably find a few examples of gmp functions that aren't
covered in the GMP module.
OTOH, there are probably arguments to be made in favour of Ryde's
module - which was, after all, written by a far more skilled
mathematician and programmer.
So ... I guess the brief answer to your question is "not many, if
- » Is there a better way to reset CGI object for AJAX POSTDATA?
- — Next thread in » PERL Modules Announcements
- » [OT] What's with the wack job that thinks James Bond is after him?
- — Previous thread in » PERL Modules Announcements