Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- john armsby
January 5, 2006, 1:50 am
rate this thread
I would appreciate one of y'all pointing me to a thread or link that
actually works with the MAC 10.4 tiger. I am tryng to install GD.
1. Loaded fink and it can not find the gd install. Lots of links on web
using fink..... No luck with GD.
2. went to the gd home page and downloaded:
GD-2.30 (perl module)
3. I compile successfully everything but gd-2.0.33 and GD-2.30 (perl
module)(ofcourse) since the gd fails.
4. gd-2.0.33 fails because it is complaining about the freetype header file
dependencies. I created a link so it now sees the header files but the make
In file included from gdft.c:115:
../freetype/freetype.h:20:2: error: #error "`ft2build.h' hasn't been included
../freetype/freetype.h:21:2: error: #error "Please always use macros to
include FreeType header files."
../freetype/freetype.h:22:2: error: #error "Example:"
../freetype/freetype.h:23:2: error: #error " #include <ft2build.h>"
../freetype/freetype.h:24:2: error: #error " #include FT_FREETYPE_H"
make: *** [gdft.o] Error 1
As a result of symbolic links these files are part of the gd header file
I am at my wits end. I have used the ./configure with make install as well
as invoking the perl script perl configure.pl and then running make install.
Results the same.
It is a sorry state of affairs when the only way I can run GD.pm is when I
get an older version of active state (microsoft!) to load via ppm. The
latest version of activestate does not even have the files available!
- » Checking the presence of mutlibyte char in a string
- — Next thread in » PERL Modules Announcements