Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
May 30, 2005, 7:58 am
rate this thread
The system is a Solaris 8 Sparc, gcc, perl 5.8.5 without an internet
connection. I had to modify some perl modules and header files to get
this thing compiled and installed on my box (especially for Crypt::IDEA
Does any one have succeeded in getting Net::SSH::Perl installed on such
a box without much frustration?
And now after installing(!), everything is fine with interactive
authentication. However I couldnt get this thing to do publickey auth.
OpenSSH is working fine with Publickey auth at the same time.
($auth->authenticate succeeds, but $ssh->login fails). $ssh->login
succeeds if it is given the password. Does any one of you have any
sample programs for publickey auth with Net::SSH::Perl? That would
help me figure out if the problem is with my program or with the
Thanks in advance.
Re: Net::SSH::Perl Trouble with publickey authentication
I remember lengthy installation with all those dependent modules.
I use this general procedure:
1. Prepare ssh on client and remote machines - generating rsa or dsa keys,
public keys etc.
2. Run ssh from a command line. Ssh connection must be established without
any keyboard interaction.
3. Perl script: ssh method login uses login and password parameters.
This way I run several scripts on Solaris 8 Sparc machines with
- » Cannot install DBI on Win2003 server - fails to locate dbi.ppd
- — Previous thread in » PERL Modules Announcements
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum