Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Bind 9 administration module(s)
February 14, 2007, 5:17 am
rate this thread
Many years ago I wrote a simple perl wrapper for bind 4.x. Now I need
to develop a set of scripts to front-end most DNS administration
tasks. My old script is not up to the task and not even useful as a
starting point. I have a couple hundred zone files.
Here's what I *think* I want to do.
1) Store everything in a mysql DB
2) Run from the master but also manage the slaves' named.conf files
(code not process)
3) Create named.conf and zone files on the fly as edits are made
(ensures files match DB records)
4) Manage forward and reverse records
5) Manage zone files (header)
6) Syntax and error checking
7) Web interface
8) Limit scope to Bind 9.x on UNIX/Linux
I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I have been searching CPAN and
coming up with much. I found peices and parts much of it old and
incomplete. One note, I am fairly weak when it comes to Perl OO
programing, but I'll learn.
I am open to any sugestions, but I am especially in need of advice
concerning modules and scripts I can incorporate. Failing that, I'll
write it from the ground up and I'll gladly accept advice on that as
well. I also posted in comp.lang.perl.misc, no spam intended.
- Gunnar Hjalmarsson
February 14, 2007, 10:37 am
- » manually expire an element in Memoize (also on comp.lang.perl.misc)
- — Next thread in » PERL Modules Announcements
- » problem using Games::OpenGL::Font::2D and Games::Console
- — Previous thread in » PERL Modules Announcements