Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Ron Savage
March 6, 2006, 4:22 am
rate this thread
The pure Perl module DBIx::Admin::BackupRestore V 1.09
is available immediately from CPAN,
and from http://savage.net.au/Perl-modules.html .
On-line docs, and a *.ppd for ActivePerl are also
available from the latter site.
An extract from the docs:
1.09 Thu Feb 09 15:53:00 2006
- Fix broken method restore_in_order()
- Add support for exporting from Oracle by adding 4 new parameters to new():
These are actually used in the call to DBI's table_info() method.
o MySQL: The default values of these parameters Just Work
o Oracle: Set dbi_schema to the uc(username) used when you called DBI's
o Postgres: Set dbi_schema to 'public'
- Importing into Oracle does not handle sequences at all
- Switch from DBI's table() method to table_info(). This is for Oracle
- Discard table names which match /^BIN$.+$./. This is for Oracle
- Change the handling of quotes around schema and table names. Previously the
first and last quote was removed, so a name like `public.t` became public.t. But
with Oracle, quotes are used around the schema and table names separately, so
"X"."T" became X"."T :-(.
Now, all quotes are removed, so `public.t` still becomes public.t, but also
"X"."T" becomes X.T.