Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Palm: Graffiti 1 vs graffiti 2
January 31, 2005, 10:14 pm
rate this thread
too accustomed to Graffiti 1. I wish that Graffiti 1 was an option on
3 particular gripes about Graffiti 2:
1) a 'k' may be interpreted a number of ways, often as an 'l' plus a
'k'!!! I average less than 20% success rate on this character
2) an 'l' followed by a space is interpreted as a 't' - have to pause
between the 2 strokes to get what I want.
3) the procedure for inputting special characters is laborious eg
stroke, tap, tap, stroke to input a colon.
I found input faster & more reliable with Graffiti 1.
Re: Palm: Graffiti 1 vs graffiti 2
Make sure you draw BIG, and the < must cross the | part of the stroke.
Just don't cross the lines. If they don't intersect, they're interpreted
1+2: look at the System/Prefs/Graffitti/Fine tune/Help
This method is more consistent and allows more symbols, more similar to
those found on paper. I coudn't make myself accustomed to the
"psychedelic lineart" of G1 special character :-)
Get yourself some of the better styli, like the one that comes with T3,
or the universal multistylus with say two color ballpens, a pencil, and
a stylus. It's really a huge difference. Improved my recognition ratio
by order of magnitude.
- Andrew Steele ROT-13 encoded
January 31, 2005, 5:20 pm
- » IR port locked, can't reset or open! Need ASAP for Palm!
- — Previous thread in » Palm OS Forum