Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
May 11, 2007, 2:28 am
rate this thread
A: PocketDOS is a powerful virtual PC software environment for your
pocket computer that allows you to run a DOS operating system and have
instant access to many DOS applications* on your pocket computer,
whilst simultaneously allowing the use of the pocket computer's native
applications. PocketDOS also allows DOS applications to access serial
ports, built-in modems, infrared ports, bluetooth devices, removable
storage disks, touchscreens and shared network resources, and allows
file sharing between the pocket computer's native applications and DOS
(* Intel 8086/80186/80286 (real-mode only) compatible using
CGA,EGA,VGA, HP-LX or text display modes)
Q: What is new in this version?
A: This version:
- Uses FreeDOS 1.0 as the default OS
- Adds loading/saving emulator state (hibernation)
- Adds loading/saving/resetting emulator settings
- Adds 160x200 compressed mode for ModeX (320x200x256) display mode
- Adds landscape (display orientation) GUI for Pocket PC
- Adds support for landscape SmartPhone platforms
- Adds user interface for mapping hardware keys to PC/XT keys
- Adds option to specify a modifier key for left/right mouse button
- Adds option to enable/disable HMA (High Memory Area) with SETCPU
- Adds translation of redirector paths for PocketDOS utilities that
read to/write from host file system files
- Adds detection of previous application failure on startup and option
to start in 'safe' mode
- Improved handling of low memory conditions
- Improved GUI handling of direct screen access (DSA)
- Improved support for CPU plug-ins
- Improved layout of Pocket PC onscreen keyboard
- Improved video BIOS compatibility
- Improved mouse driver compatibility
- Improved keyboard BIOS compatibility
- Improved compatibility of XMS driver
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Q: Which devices are compatible with PocketDOS?
A: All Handheld PCs, Palm-sized PCs, Pocket PCs or SmartPhones with
Windows CE, Windows CE.NET or Windows Mobile and Hitachi SH3, Hitachi
SH4, MIPS or ARM (StrongARM, XScale) compatible processors. All Casio
PocketManagers with Windows CE and MIPS-compatible processors.
Q: Where can I download a demo copy?
Any queries should be addressed to the PocketDOS support forum in the
"Support" section of the PocketDOS website.
PocketDOS - Adds DOS compatibility to your Pocket Computer.
- » Compatibility between WEP on Palm TX and D Link router
- — Previous thread in » Palm OS Forum