Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
April 1, 2005, 3:02 pm
rate this thread
A: PocketDOS is an MS-DOS 6.22 compatible DOS for your Microsoft
Windows CE, Pocket PC, Windows Mobile based Pocket Computer. In
addition to a full DOS, PocketDOS lets you install and run many DOS
programs* on your Pocket Computer. PocketDOS also lets you access
devices such as touchscreens, built-in and external modems, IR ports,
flash disks, network drives, printers and more from within DOS and DOS
(* Intel 8086/80186 compatible using CGA,EGA,VGA,SVGA, HP-LX or text
Q: What is new in this version?
A: This version:
- Adds SuperVGA VESA BIOS extensions (VBE) v1.2 display mode support
- Adds LIM expanded memory (EMS) v4.0 support
- Adds options to improve keyboard compatibility with barcode scanners
and other non-standard input devices
- Adds options to improve keyboard compatibility with non-US language
- Bug fixes and compatibility improvements when using CPU plug-ins
- Improves reliability of printer and serial communications
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Q: Which devices are compatible with PocketDOS?
A: All Windows CE (1.0 and later), Windows CE.NET (4.2 and later) and
Windows Mobile devices, in the Palm-sized, Pocket PC, Handheld PC,
Handheld PC Professional and Handheld PC 2000 formats with Hitachi SH3
or SH4, MIPS-compatible, ARM, StrongARM and XScale processors. All
Casio PocketManager Windows CE devices with MIPS-compatible processors.
Q: Where can I download a demo copy?
Q: What does PocketDOS cost?
A: PocketDOS costs €27.95 (EUR) with a license to Datalight's ROM-DOS
operating system, or €22.95 (EUR) without an operating system
Registered PocketDOS users can upgrade (for free) to the latest version
Any queries should be addressed to the PocketDOS support forum in the
"Support" section of the PocketDOS website.
PocketDOS - Adds DOS compatibility to your Pocket Computer.
- » Ipaq hx2400 and socket in hand scanner. Want to use button to start scanner!
- — Previous thread in » Palm OS Forum