Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- underclocking ATI video card under linux
May 13, 2006, 6:46 am
rate this thread
Hello. I currently have a mac with an ATI pci video card. The card
was overclocked before I got the computer when it ran Mac OS 9. Since
then I have put Linux on the computer and due to the card being
overclocked I have been unable to get X to work in Linux. I am hoping
to underclock it back to normal for X to work. Unfortunately every
guide I find on over/underclocking involves using software programs
made for Windows to change the clock speed. Obviously I cannot use
Windows software on this computer. Does anyone know how I would
underclock the video card or could link me to any good guides on how to
Re: underclocking ATI video card under linux
Oh, didn't know that was possible. I assumed that it just made the
driver "think" that the card had a different clock speed. So if I were
to put the card in my Windows comp I would be able to change the clock
speed and have it be that way when I put it back in my mac?
Bolooser10: I don't know the guy, I just bought it off him.
- » amazing retro FSB overclock on old Prescott P4 3400MHz 478 Pin uPGA
- — Newest thread in » Overclocking PC Components
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum