Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Overclocking with a Stock HP Motherboard?
August 10, 2006, 11:17 am
rate this thread
I have an HP Pavilion ze4325us laptop; of course, since it's a complete
package type system, the bios does not have any overclocking settings. The
system has an AMD Athlon XP Mobile 2000+ chip and I'd like to overclock it
without buying a new motherboard, power supply, memory, case, etc. Is there
something mechanical that I can do to the motherboard (solder and wires) or
some software way to overclock this chip with my current hardware?
Re: Overclocking with a Stock HP Motherboard?
For instance: I am running linux on the machine and I notice that there is
a cpufreq program that interfaces with some hardware in order to scale the
CPU speed between 900 MHz and 1.6 GHz; is there a way to override the
maximum speed of 1.6 GHz and use this mechanism to overclock?
- » KVM switch use with Wireless USB mouse and keyboard ???
- — Previous thread in » Overclocking PC Components
- » amazing retro FSB overclock on old Prescott P4 3400MHz 478 Pin uPGA
- — Newest thread in » Overclocking PC Components