Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Overclocking nvidia video card in vista
- Internode News
April 11, 2007, 10:30 am
rate this thread
Re: Overclocking nvidia video card in vista
On 11 Apr, 11:30, "Internode News"
For my 8800GTX, I used ATItool (yes this works with NVIDIA cards too)
to find my maximum clocks. I then used NiBiTor 3.3 to read my card's
BIOS. I upped the clocks and resaved the BIOS. I then created a DOS
bootdisk and placed a copy of nvFlash 5.5, the original BIOS and my
modified BIOS on the bootdisk. Then just boot from the floppy and run
nvflash -5 -6 new.rom
(Where new.rom was my BIOS file)
Just make sure your clocks aren't too high - you don't want to brick
your card. Search for guides on using NiBiTor before flashing your
card. Good luck!
- » Low Profile Conroe Cooler 11.5cm or lower needed.
- — Previous thread in » Overclocking PC Components
- » amazing retro FSB overclock on old Prescott P4 3400MHz 478 Pin uPGA
- — Newest thread in » Overclocking PC Components