Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Can DDR 6400 do 500 mhz ???
- Paul Mathews
November 26, 2006, 11:29 pm
rate this thread
Re: Can DDR 6400 do 500 mhz ???
What kind of problems are you having when you try and go higher than 3.6ghz?
One thing to remember is that those temps tend to cause more instability
problems as you OC higher. IOW, 60+C at stock speeds tend not to cause
problems, but at above 3.6ghz they may need to come down. You have a good OC
there already if it is stable. You could run some stress tests (I assume you
have run Memtest86 for awhile to test ram) like CPU Burn or Sandra's cpu
burn program. Prime is another good test. As far as memory goes, it all
varies from stick to stick and manufacturer brand doesn't seem to matter
unless they specify that it has been tested at a given speed. Sometimes
relaxing memory timings can help. You may also be close to the max for your
- » amazing retro FSB overclock on old Prescott P4 3400MHz 478 Pin uPGA
- — Newest thread in » Overclocking PC Components
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum