Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Running real slow
March 28, 2006, 9:03 pm
rate this thread
Re: Running real slow
Well, one thing you're doing wrong is asking a question without giving
enough context. ;-)
It'd help if you described as much as possible of the following:
- The version of MySQL. Since you just downloaded it, should we assume
- What SQL query are you trying to run?
- Have you tried using EXPLAIN to report how the optimizer treats your
- Do other queries run faster?
- Is it consistent that the one query runs slowly and others run faster?
- What client interface are you using (e.g. JDBC, ODBC, C API, etc.)?
- What programming language (e.g. VB, Java, PHP, C++, etc.)?
- Can you show the code you use to open the recordset?
- The expected size of the query result set. 10 rows? 10,000,000 rows?
- What is your machine's processor, and memory?
- What clues can you get from Task Manager about resource usage?
- What other applications may be competing for resources?
- » Americanas.com SALDO de TVs Com at 80% de Desconto (29798)
- — Newest thread in » MySQL Database Forum