Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
July 25, 2006, 10:34 pm
rate this thread
I have a SQL server on a Linux Fedora machine and I try to use a GUI to
connect to database
I used different GUI like "Toad for MySQL"
in connection page I put Linux IP address as "Server host" and
username/password I keep getting error:
Error No. 2003 Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.0.121' (10061)
My question is: Do I need a client installation or configuration on Windows
What could be the problem?
Thanks you in advance - Sam
Re: MYSQL server in linux, client on Windows connection problem
You already have the client installed on your Windows machine. MySQL
error messages in the 2000's are client errors. It's using the client
successfully, but it is not able to connect to the server host.
Common causes of this error include:
- Firewall on server blocks incoming requests.
- Firewall on client blocks outgoing requests.
- MySQL Server on server host is not running.
- MySQL Server on server host is running, but has "skip-networking" or
"bind-address=127.0.0.1" options enabled in its my.cnf file.
- » Americanas.com SALDO de TVs Com at 80% de Desconto (29798)
- — Newest thread in » MySQL Database Forum