Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
July 15, 2005, 4:23 pm
rate this thread
version 4 installed. I created a my.cnf file and set the following
datadir = /usr/local/mysql-4.1/data/
port = 3304
socket = /var/run/mysql4.1/mysql4.1.sock
pid-file = /var/run/mysql4.1/mysql4.1.pid
log = /var/log/mysql4/mysql4.1.log
The current installation is running from a different port and the data
dir, socket, pid-file, and log are in different locations.
I then attempt to start MySQL like this:
../mysqld_safe --defaults_file=/path/to/my.cnf --user=mysql &
I get the following error:
/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid: Permission denied
rm: cannot unlink `/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid': Permission denied
Fatal error: Can't remove the pid file: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
../mysqld_safe: /var/log/mysqld.log: Permission denied
Please remove it manually and start ./mysqld_safe again
mysqld daemon not started
It's as if it is ignoring the "--defaults_file" parameter and using the
same my.cnf file that the previous installation has. Anyone have any
ideas as to what I need to do to get this working?
- » We offer a variety of different licenses and discounts that can help you get the most out ...
- — Next thread in » MySQL Database Forum
- » Americanas.com SALDO de TVs Com at 80% de Desconto (29798)
- — Newest thread in » MySQL Database Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum