Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- how to delete content of column?
March 1, 2006, 9:21 am
rate this thread
I want to delete the content of a single column on a MySQL 3.23
DELETE column_name FROM table_name;
and other varieties with e.g. WHERE clause. No luck until now.
The above statement gives the error msg:
ERROR 1066: Not unique table/alias: column_name
How to get rid of the content of a certain column?
Thanks for any hint.
Re: how to delete content of column?
Do you want to get rid of the COLUMN, or the CONTENT?
alter table table_name drop column_name;
does the first. If you want the second, a column has to
have *something* in it, even if it's null. Perhaps you want
update table_name set column_name = null;
Gordon L. Burditt
- » Indexed single-col search capability from multi-col index
- — Next thread in » MySQL Database Forum
- » Americanas.com SALDO de TVs Com at 80% de Desconto (29798)
- — Newest thread in » MySQL Database Forum