Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- configuration of new database
- Larry Snyder
July 14, 2006, 12:29 pm
rate this thread
hosting company. Where in the tree are the configuration files for SQL
kept? I see a file called database which is a text document but I do not
see the password for the SQL configuration. This all runs under Linux /
Apache / MySQL.
Thanks - Larry
Re: configuration of new database
So where did you PUT the configuration files for SQL? If you're
using PHP (or Perl or TCL or whatever), where do calls to mysql_connect()
or similar functions get their arguments? Especially stuff like
I usually put this in an include file outside the document file,
in a little include file that defines variables like $mysql_server,
$mysql_user, $mysql_password, and $mysql_db. But that's just my
It's possible the password ends up in the Apache httpd.conf, a .htaccess
file, or php.ini, put there by your service provider .
Gordon L. Burditt
- » Americanas.com SALDO de TVs Com at 80% de Desconto (29798)
- — Newest thread in » MySQL Database Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum