Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Windows media center playback is very choppy
- Jeff Elder
July 3, 2009, 7:06 am
rate this thread
fine but then after a couple minutes, the video starts getting choppy, and
then it just gets worse minute by minute till it's unbearable to watch, but
the audio plays fine. This happens with both TV and DVD viewing.
Sometimes, the video won't play at all but the sound will be fine. But when
I play the same DVD in Windows media player, it plays perfect the whole
time, never have any problems. Anybody know what the problem could be?
Here's my system
Intel Core 2 Duo processor
NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT video card, dual DVI outputs and running 2 monitors
Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 TV card
Windows Vista Home 32-bit, newly installed with all the latest updates
Also, I had this same system when running Windows XP and never had this
problem. I'm also not running anything that will slow down the video.
Re: Windows media center playback is very choppy
No, I didn't even know about SP2. I installed Vista on a new drive last
month and then immediately ran the latest windows update. It installed SP1.
I have two monitors running at 1920x1080, and my graphics card has 512mb.
That's a good idea, I'll try shutting one monitor off and see what happens.
- » Should Fresh XP-MCE Install Include MPEG-2 Decoder?
- — Next thread in » Windows MediaCenter OS Forum
- — Newest thread in » Windows MediaCenter OS Forum
- » The number of entities that are scanning IP addresses is OUT OF CONTROL
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Anti-Virus Software