Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Media Center overrides sound card!
March 29, 2008, 5:41 am
rate this thread
control of my sound card driver. Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive no
longer work. (both output 2ch PCM) In fact, changing the system input
settings on my sound card no longer stops the output of the current program,
which it used to to do. I've played with every setting I can find. I tried
rebooting. What am I missing? How do I get my sound card software back in
control? I want DTS Interactive back. In fact, I want all my audio processing
My card refuses to output anything but 2ch PCM, except when it's passing
through 5.1. And none of it's processing functions work. Google was no help,
neither was searching the site. Anyone got any ideas? My sound card is an HT
Omega Claro. I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 with SP1
Re: Media Center overrides sound card!
Sound has to be setup in about three places for everything to work.
Sound Manager, Windows Media Player, and in the Media Center interface
Sound Manager is in the Control Panel.
You also may need to re-install your sound system driver. Should be on the
Motherboard driver CD.
Re-installing the motherboard sound driver fixed my problems with the sound
- » "media center extender" "transcode 360"==watching movies?
- — Next thread in » Windows MediaCenter OS Forum
- » Vista Media Center: "Tuner Unavailable" while Trying to Set Up New Satellite Box
- — Previous thread in » Windows MediaCenter OS Forum
- — Newest thread in » Windows MediaCenter OS Forum