Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Guide download keeps stopping
- Eric Baines
June 25, 2008, 11:09 am
rate this thread
The guide downloads every day, for 3-4 days and then it stops. It shows it
is still downloading, reports that the guide is up to date and schedules the
next one for a day's time. If I try to do it manually, it says it is up to
date, doesn't download it - and the guide stays as it is.
There are no errors in the event log, or displayed on the screen. It just
says the guide is up to date.
The only way I can get it to start downlaoding again is to delete/rename the
EPG folder and download afresh. This works, and keeps working for 3-4 days,
but then stops again.
I've done everything in Aaron's blog -
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/articles/526231.aspx . This includes:-
1. Making sure the clock is synchronised correctly
2. Saying I'm not using the guide, rebooting and then setting it up to use
3. Stopping the EHshed process, renaming the EPG folder and then setting it
up again. ( I have done the repeatedly, and also tried doing the same but
4. Using the MCE Repair (
http://blogs.msdn.com/peterrosser/archive/2005/10/20/482974.aspx ) and
MCEreset applications (
http://www.salloway.org.uk/mediacenter/util/index.htm#config ) , and setting
5. Re-registering the guide DLL
I'm using MCE 2005, with DVB-T in the UK, and the guide for Heathfield. This
has worked fine for a couple of years and started giving me problems 3-4
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Re: Guide download keeps stopping
I am sorry but you have already run through everything that I could think of
except re-installing MCE 2005 which will probably fix your problem but may be
too drastic for you. You could set up a batch script to delete the EPG
directory & all the sub-directories every few days & just let the automatic
guide download process re-create the directory.
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur
- » "media center extender" "transcode 360"==watching movies?
- — Next thread in » Windows MediaCenter OS Forum
- — Newest thread in » Windows MediaCenter OS Forum
- » Why proxy the YouTube data in the following code.
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » PERL Discussions