Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Decoder Error Playing DVDs but not Live TV
October 19, 2008, 5:25 pm
rate this thread
I'm getting a DVD decoder error when playing DVDs in MCE 2005. Live TV and
Recorded TV currently work fine. DVDs play OK in WMP 11 and PowerDVD 5.
According to the Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility, I have a MP10 and
MCE Compatible MPEG2 decoder (CyberLink Video/SP Decoder v. 18.104.22.1686)
DVDs worked fine previously until I installed the latest K-Lite Codec Pack.
If I uninstall the Codec Pack then I get the Decoder Error for Live TV and
Recorded TV. I tried to install ffdshow alone instead of the K-Lite pack but
I got the Decoder Error for Live TV.
After searching this forum and Google, I've run out ideas to fix the
problem. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Intel 2.80GHz processor. 512MB RAM.
Win XP SP2 Media Center 2005 Update Rollup 2
NVidia GeForce FX5500, Hauppuage NOVA T-500 tuner.
K-Lite Codec PAck 4.1.7 Standard PAck installed.
- » "media center extender" "transcode 360"==watching movies?
- — Next thread in » Windows MediaCenter OS Forum
- » Using DRM files on a new installation of Media Center
- — Previous thread in » Windows MediaCenter OS Forum
- — Newest thread in » Windows MediaCenter OS Forum
- » How to generate or convert native private OpenSSH key file for IdentityFile?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum