Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Vnc problem with port forwarding
February 20, 2007, 1:54 pm
rate this thread
I could not connect to the vnc server through port forwaring . I have
a linux_server (on which sshd server is running) and vnc_server(vnc
server is running)
1. Run the vncserver on the vnc_server(In my case terminal four is
running its list).
2. Configure the linux_server /etc/ssh/sshd_config with "GatewayPorts
yes" then restart the sshd.
3. Configure the vncserver machine for remote listening with
ssh -R 5904:localhost:5900 linux_server .(My vnc_server is running on
the 5904 and i m executing command from the vnc_server )
4. Then i try to connect to the vnc_server with the linux_server .
But this is not working.
- » Cloud Ace Technologies is offering Implementation Services on Cloud Computing, Cloud Serv...
- — Newest thread in » Linux Security