Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
July 16, 2008, 3:27 pm
rate this thread
I was going through the book "Hacking Ubuntu" by Neil Krawetz, in this
book it is said that never do kill -9 -1 as root.
in my office i tried this command as root on an RHEL4 machine
but there was'nt any system crash as i expected only the x-server got
crashed, and the commands like ps, ls were n't giving any o/p.
when i rebooted the machine everything was back to normal
my question why init process wasn't killed ?
- Sebastian "lunar" Wiesner
July 16, 2008, 8:08 pm
- » FireHOL firewall, "allow all, deny x, deny y, deny z"
- — Next thread in » Linux Security
- » Cloud Ace Technologies is offering Implementation Services on Cloud Computing, Cloud Serv...
- — Newest thread in » Linux Security