Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
August 5, 2009, 1:16 am
rate this thread
iptables with the following
set of rules. If I run "ggv &" a "can't open display" message is
displayed. I have sshed with the -X option.
iptables -A INPUT -s 127.0.0.0/8 -d 127.0.0.0/8 -i lo -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -s 127.0.0.0/8 -d 127.0.0.0/8 -o lo -j ACCEPT
Re: iptables and X11 forwarding
1. You don't need to specify addresses for the lo rules.
BTW, it's good to put these rules first in INPUT and OUTPUT.
2. Is the DISPLAY variable set?
3. Is xauth installed? (rpm -q xorg-x11-xauth)
4. Are you running ssh over IPv4 or IPv6?
Typically localhost has to be defined for both.
- » Cloud Ace Technologies is offering Implementation Services on Cloud Computing, Cloud Serv...
- — Newest thread in » Linux Security