Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
June 13, 2005, 8:39 am
rate this thread
- Christophe Vandeplas
June 13, 2005, 11:57 am
Re: Anti Virus Software runs on Linux Server and scan other Win clients?
We are running clamav on our servers.
Linux/BSD homepage: http://www.clamav.net /
Windows edition: http://www.clamwin.com /
I am not aware if it's possible to push updates to the win client, but
the win client can update itself automagically.
on any debian based server you should be able to install it with
'apt-get install clamav', the clamav-milter is the filter for
incorporating the virusscanner in your sendmail server. (that's how it's
clamav - antivirus scanner for Unix
clamav-base - base package for clamav, an anti-virus utility for Unix
clamav-daemon - antivirus scanner daemon
clamav-data - clamav data files
clamav-freshclam - downloads clamav virus databases from the Internet
clamav-getfiles - Update script for clamav
clamav-milter - antivirus scanner for sendmail
clamcour - courier filter for clamav to virus scan incoming mail
clamsmtp - virus-scanning SMTP proxy
Description: antivirus scanner for Unix
A GPL'ed virus scanner featuring:
* scanning into multiple archives (such as .deb and .tar.gz)
* mutated Aho-Corasic algorithm (very fast scanning)
* multi-threading, autodetecting the number of CPU's
* POSIX compliance
For scanning to work you'll need a virus database. You have 2 alternatives:
* clamav-freshclam: updates the database from Internet. This is
recommended if you have Internet access.
* clamav-data: for users without Internet. Isn't updated at all once
it's installed. You can easily create your own updated package from an
Internet connected computer however, using clamav-getfiles.
of course there are also other products, but without knowing them I
can't recommend them.
Christophe 'ElCascador' Vandeplas
GSM: +32 (0)486/64.10.33
GnuPG:1024D/14913897: 66BD A9EB 0357 D80F 20D4 D698 3B2B E562 1491 3897
*** PLEASE ***
"Never send mass-mails/forward to this email address.
Please add the email-address to the BCC field (Blind Carbon Copy)
or send the mail separately to me."
- » Writing IpTables rules with the ROPE scripting language
- — Next thread in » Linux Security
- » Cloud Ace Technologies is offering Implementation Services on Cloud Computing, Cloud Serv...
- — Newest thread in » Linux Security