Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
October 6, 2007, 1:58 pm
rate this thread
I am looking for a notebook which can perform at par with the desktop
PCs and having a good battery life.
Some of the considerations that I am looking for in my laptop:
Processor: must be Core 2 Duo, 2.0GHz or more. 4 MB L2 Cache
Memory: At least 2GB (I would consider an upgrade later)
Videocard: Not a primary concern. An integrated Intel Graphics card
would do but if the laptop is having a dedicated GPU then I would
prefer a NVidia 8 series card.
Security: Biometric fingerprint reader
1) What is your budget? - Around $2000
2) What size notebook would you prefer? - 15.4"
3) What country are you buying this in. - Taiwan (If anyone
living here, please tell me a good place here from where I can buy)
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
- I prefer Asus, Acer, IBM or HP (But any brand is ok)
5) What tasks will you be performing with the notebook? - [B]CPU
Intensive applications (CPU performance is the primary goal)[/B]
6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places or
leaving it on your desk? - [B]Leaving at my desk, mostly. (I need a
desktop replacement laptop infact)[/B]
7) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games? [B]Not for
8) How many hours of battery life do you need? - [B]minimum 4 hrs. but
5 hours or more would be great.[/B]
9) Do you mind buying online without seeing the notebook in person? -
Yes. I am in Taiwan now, so I think I can buy from somewhere
10) What OS do you prefer? - Windows XP/Linux dualboot
11) Would you prefer standard or widescreen? - Widescreen
12) What screen resolutions would you prefer? - [B]Either 1280x768,
1440x900 or 1600x1200[/B]
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy
screen? - Glossy or Matte
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? -
15) When are you buying this laptop and how long do you want this
laptop to last? - 5+ years
16) How much hard drive space do you want? - [B]Anything more than
120GB, but must be SATA 7,200 RPM hard drive with 8MB cache [/B](I
dont think many laptops are having 7200 rpm hdds inbuilt. But this is
a kind of must for me and I am not able to find a good laptop with the
above specs. Please help me out on this, guys).
17) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD, Blu-Ray or HD-DVD
drive? - Yes. DVD RW
18) Do you need anything more ? 2.0 MP Integrated Webcam.
Please give me your options and suggestions about laptops following
the above specs.
Thanks in advance everyone,