Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Why Ultra Light Notebook is so sloooow !!!?
February 28, 2006, 1:26 pm
rate this thread
notebook available for a notebook that weighs under 3.5 pounds. Fast
forward to 2006, the fastest notebook available that weighs under 3.5
pounds is just 1.6 GHz. Why the progress for ultra light notebook is so
slow? Is it because of the difficulty in cramping a fast CPU in a tiny
shell without creating too much heat or drawing too much power? Or is
it more about market demand? Meaning not many people want ultra light
notebook. All people want is an ultra fast notebook with ultra big
screen eventhough it will break their neck when they carry it around.
Re: Why Ultra Light Notebook is so sloooow !!!?
If you're looking at an Intel "Pentium M" system or the like, Intel
will claim that you can no longer simply use the rated CPU speed to
determine actual system speed due to various forms of magic going on
That's what Intel says, anyway.
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | firstname.lastname@example.org
- » No color display on external video output using S-video to TV
- — Next thread in » Laptop Computers Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum