Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Volume Level LED on HP DV2911US
August 28, 2008, 11:00 am
rate this thread
I purchased the subject laptop today and have loaded the latest windows
The sound on this unit is pretty wimpy but useable. My concern is the LED
volume indicator between the "+" and "-" touch controls above the keys.
I believe the tic marks should indicate where the volume level is adjusted
but none are illuminated. The controls are illuminated.
The screen does indicate the sound level when I touch the controls above
but, IIRC, my previous HP laptop displayed the level with the LEDs also.
Do I have a defective unit or is this by design?
Re: Volume Level LED on HP DV2911US
They have a video tutorial in the preloaded bloat somewhere that tells you
to wipe. But even at 100%, the sound level is not high enough for dvd
movies more than ~ 3 ft away sometimes.
I have not opened the documentation but I have gone through the sound device
and speaker options with no improvement. I suspect that the distortion
will be excessive if they try to drive those little speakers any harder.
But I had an earlier model in the dv2000 series and don't recall any
problems with sound. I was not running movies with it though.
- » Hibernate Toshiba Tecra A1, don't want resume when lift lid
- — Next thread in » Laptop Computers Forum
- » FS: NEW HP Compaq Lithium Ion Battery f4809a/f4812a
- — Previous thread in » Laptop Computers Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum