Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Viao with broken PCMCIA port
January 30, 2005, 2:51 am
rate this thread
A friend gave me a Sony Viao to troubleshoot after the shop wanted to put a
new motherboard in it for $900. It's a few years old, Model PCG-XG29, with
the MBX-25 motherboard.
I got that thing apart and found that the vertical socket for the PCMCIA
card-holder had been busted off the motherboard. This is the female socket
that is mounted to the MB, that accepts the male "card" type pins that are
hard mounted to the PCMCIA card carriage.
Anyway, I would thinkt removing the debris so no pins are shorted would just
have the MB seeing open pins, as if there are no cards inserted. Is this
Should I be able to operate the laptop, just without PCMCIA functionality?
- » Kingmaz ZV-DVD Decoder card + WinME + Compaq 7800.
- — Next thread in » Laptop Computers Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum